aaqil

aaqil

Friday, 9 September 2011

well well well.

Here i am out on the frontier of saudi arabia attempting to impart my limited wisdom to students who are forced to attend the class for fear of being cut off of their government stipend. I am generally an optimist when it comes to my life. It takes too much energy to continually fight against negativity. Strange situations either bting out the best in people or it brings out the worst. Time always reveals the truth. As I begin a new school year i think only of my son and how im out here doing this for him. I shave struggled so hard with my contempt for the modern economic system and how it forces ppl to sell their time for things that are free anyway. I could grow my own food, build my own house, kill my own meat. Instead i have to pimp my time away to buy things. But alas I cannot change the world. Only myself. And the bottom line here is that I have breath in my lungs and I must use it anyway i can to make my son's life better.

And so here i am. Saudi arabia. More on that later. I love. I fear. I worry. I hate. I laugh. Just like you. Let us begin a new chapter full of positivity and open-mindedness. Let us pray that time is kind to us, and reminds us that it bites coldly at our heels while we walk in hot sand. Hand in hand. Let's begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment